Hurricane season officially began on June 1st. But the worst hurricanes of century have occurred in late summer or fall. Below is a list of steps you need to take to be prepared for those possible hurricanes yet to occur.
- 1) You need to have a safety kit ready. It’s recommended that you keep at least enough food and water for each person in the family to last 3 days.
- 2) Take some time to review your insurance policy. Often, we realize too late that some weather-related damages are not covered. In fact, standard homeowner’s insurance doesn’t cover flooding. Remember to review your policies for your home and any vehicles or boats.
- 3)Take note of anything that could be affected by flooding, like items in your garage or basement. In anticipation of high winds, you should keep trees well-trimmed and secure things like patio furniture before storms.
- 4)Helping your neighbors prepare and plan to check on each other in the case of an emergency is a great idea.
- 5)Finally, make sure you write down your plan and any important details you might need in an emergency. Go over your plan with your family to make sure everyone understands what to do. Having a written plan can save you precious time in the event of severe weather, so you can act quickly and confidently.
We at Macs Auto Glass hope that this information was helpful as we prepare for the remainder of the 2017 Hurricane Season, which has brought to us the worst hurricanes in the 21st century.
Remember for all windshield glass repairs we are here to help, please visit our website at www.macsautoglassal.com to learn more about all the services we offer.We at Mac’s Auto Glass Comes To You, Anywhere in Baldwin County, Alabama, servicing all cities from Bay Minette to Point Clear to Orange Beach. We offer excellent service and parts.